Whilst the inclusions and price look like great value for money on these spas, they are in fact a very bad buy and just some of the reasons are set out below:
Numerous imported Chinese spas do not have Australian/State Electrical Safety Certification, C-Tick Approval or compliance with Australian Standards.
Apart from being very poorly made, These imported spas may have one or more... or maybe even ALL of the following!!
1. No electrical safety certificate
2. No C-Tick (EMC compliance)
3. No filtration - whatsoever!
4. No surface skimmer or an illegal potty skimmer
5. Insufficient suctions per pump, mismatched suctions or unapproved suctions
6. False claims of Australian manufacture
7. False claims of USA manufacture
8. False claims of compliance
9. Absolutely no after sales service, support or spare parts....because it’s not legal to install them in the first place!
10. Limited generic availability of parts to suit these spas in Australia which means you will have to replace ALL electrical / electronic parts and probably need to re-plumb sections of pipe work and fittings as well.....just to comply.
These are serious issues and in some cases, serious breaches of Australian electrical safety standards as well as serious entrapment dangers amongst other issues.
Not only are you buying a non approved spa, endangering your family, friends and home but also risking a lack of service and support that can only be provided by seasoned & professional spa dealers.
The electrical and other components utilised on these spas are not available freely within Australia and nothing is directly compatible.
There are many international approvals that the equipment may be marked with that allow sales in various parts of the world such as CE, UR, TUV, but NONE of these are the Australian Approval.
Australian Standards that need to be complied with are AS/NZS 3136:2001, AS 2610.2:1993, AS/NZS 60335 part 1 and AS/NZS 60335.2.60:2006, to name but a few.
What does all of this mean? If in doubt, demand proof of Approval and compliance with the Australian Standards which pertain to electrical safety, plumbing and many other areas of safety and operation.